COVID-19: Small Business and
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting businesses around the world, large and small. We’ve compiled the best resources for chiropractors navigating business ownership during this time. From government assistance programs to updated advertising regulations, we’ve included links to the top resources in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand.
We urge you to look into the government assistance being offered in your country as soon as possible. The requirements for qualifying for assistance may dictate how much or if you are open, whether you can offer Telehealth, your staffing situation, etc. In addition to the federal resources linked below, research your state and local programs for additional assistance.
We are doing our best to keep this page updated. If you come across a resource that you think others would find helpful that is not yet included here, please let us know.
- COVID-19: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources – U.S. Small Business Administration
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Guide and Checklist for Small Businesses and Nonprofits – U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Coronavirus Tax Relief – IRS
- American Chiropractic Association COVID-19 resource page – ACA
- COVID-19 Resources for Canadian Businesses – Government of Canada
- Who’s Eligible for Canada’s Coronavirus Wage Subsidy Global News
- COVID-19 National Resource Centre Canadian Chiropractic Association
- Code of Ethics (advertising regulations) Canadian Chiropractic Association
- COVID-19: Support for Businesses – Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- COVID-19: Advice and Guidance for Small Businesses and the Self-Employed Federation of Small Businesses
- Coronavirus Resources British Chiropractic Association
- Claims Made About the Effect of Chiropractic Treatment on COVID-19 General Chiropractic Council
- Coronavirus Information and Support for Businesses – Australian Government
- Support for Businesses – Financial Relief – Australian Treasury
- False and misleading advertising warning – Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (We are taking these guidelines seriously in any content we create)
- COVID-19 Factsheets for Patients and the Community – Australian Chiropractic Association
- We’re Here to Support You – Australian Chiropractic Association
- COVID-19: Information for Businesses – New Zealand Government
- Coronavirus Government Resources – Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment
- Help and Links re COVID-19 Support – New Zealand Chiropactors’ Association
Marketing & Advertising Regulations During COVID-19
Some of our clients have recently received letters from regulating boards regarding website content. You may be aware that there has been increased scrutiny of chiropractors for suggesting that adjustments can help encourage a healthy immune system.
It is our deep and long-standing belief that chiropractic care absolutely has a positive impact on health and wellness, however, we’ve decided to remove all blog content that suggests benefits related to immunity, flu, colds and germs.
You may wish to take a look at your website and review it to ensure your compliance with local regulations.
Are Your Patients Up To Date?
If your practice hours have changed, you are following new protocols or you are temporarily closing your doors, we need to update your website.
Click below to request a COVID-19 message on your practice website.UPDATE MY WEBSITE