Along with having a written privacy document that patients can review in your practice, U.S. chiropractors must also publish a notice on their website. According to a government website, every U.S. chiropractic practice is required to provide a notice on their website in plain language that describes:
- How you may use and disclose protected health information about an individual.
- The individual’s rights with respect to the information and how the individual may exercise these rights, including how the individual may complain to you.
- Your legal duties with respect to the information, including a statement that you are required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information.
- The effective date of your policy.
- Whom individuals can contact for further information about your privacy policies.